Sara's Cottage Booking Conditions
The availability page on our website gives an indication of the current booking position but is not a guarantee of availability.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system an automatically generated booking summary will be sent to you by email. This does not form a contract between us. A contract only arises when you receive a further email direct from us confirming your booking.
A booking for a holiday becomes firm when we receive full details of all occupants and a deposit of 30% of the holiday price. Until that time your reservation is provisional and will be held for a maximum of 7 days. If there are fewer than 60 days before your holiday start date the reservation will be held for a maximum of 48 hours unless agreed otherwise. Remittances must be made in pounds sterling. The deposit will be returned if the booking is not accepted.
3. Final Payment
The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable no later than 60 days before your holiday commences. If the full balance is not paid on time we reserve the right to cancel the booking, in which case the deposit will be forfeited.
4. Guest Obligations – please note
- You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, soft furnishing and fixtures and fittings during your stay.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted inside the cottage or in the doorways under any circumstances.
- Please report any damage as soon as it happens to enable us to replace or repair the item.
- We realise that accidents happen but, apart from incidental breakages such as glasses, any breakage, loss or damage must be paid for and reported before departure. We therefore recommend that you arrange suitable damage insurance.
- All damage caused by dogs is chargeable and they are not permitted on the furniture, especially the beds.
- The accommodation must be left as you found it in a clean and tidy condition.
- The accommodation is let under a ‘licence to occupy’. This means that the guest undertakes to permit us reasonable access to the property which we will endeavour to do only if essential and convenient to you.
- The accommodation is for the sole use of guests listed on the booking form.
- Due to fire risk, candles and nightlights are prohibited on the premises.
- Drones, Fireworks, Helium balloons and Chinese Lanterns are strictly prohibited.
- If, in the opinion of the owners of Sara’s Cottage, any guest is not suitable to remain on the premises because of unreasonable behaviour or damage, the guest may be asked to leave the accommodation and no refund will be due.
5. Two person discount
A two person discount only applies if a maximum of two people are resident in the property at all times during your stay and that a maximum of two bedrooms and two bathrooms are used throughout the stay. In the event more people stay or all the bedrooms and bathrooms are used the full amount is payable before departure.
6. Cancellation by you for all new bookings placed after 8 Jun 2020
Holiday start date before 1 August 2020
Due to the uncertainty surrounding travel restrictions in respect of Covid 19, any monies paid for a booking placed after 8 June for a holiday starting before 1 August 2020, will be refunded. This refund is given solely in the event that you are unable to travel to us due to travel restrictions being in place at the start of your holiday or expected to be put in place during your stay.
Holiday start date after 1 August 2020
All bookings placed after 8 June 2020 for holidays starting after 1 August 2020 are covered by Sara’s Cottage Master Cancel policy. This provides you with peace of mind to book with confidence.
You can cancel your booking between 60 days and 2 days prior to arrival for a full refund of monies already paid for your accommodation (see exclusions below).
You simply notify us by email of your cancellation and your refund will be processed on what would have been your departure day.
If you cancel 61 or more days before the start date of your holiday, Master Cancel will not refund any monies paid to us. In this instance we will refund all monies paid to you on the earlier of; what would have been your departure day or if and when your holiday dates are re-booked by another guest. Only lodging costs are refundable.
- No refund will be paid under any circumstances if you cancel your holiday on the commencement day of your holiday or the day before.
- No refund will be paid for losses, damages, costs or expenses resulting from acts of war and terrorism, civil war, invasion of foreign enemies, war-like activities, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion arising to the level of uprising, military or usurped power, acts of terrorism committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes, nuclear reaction, radioactivity and radio-active contamination.
- Any additional extras including but not limited to, taxes and any other ancillary charges are not refunded.
7. Cancellation by us
If we are unable to provide your holiday we will provide you with a full refund unless the cancellation is due to an unforeseen event e.g. a Force Majeure which may hinder or prevent us from providing your holiday. In this event we will, at our sole discretion, offer you one of the following:
• A full refund;
• An alternative holiday date;
• Any other remedy that we consider appropriate under the circumstances
A Force Majeure includes, but is not limited to, any of the following;
• Acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
• Epidemic or pandemic;
• Terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo or break up of diplomatic relations;
• Nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
• Any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant necessary licence or consent;
• Any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts;
• Non-performance by suppliers and sub-contractors; and
• Interruption or failure of a utility service.
8. Right to refuse
We reserve the right to refuse any booking and, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel or alter arrangements made for you. If we should need to cancel the booking due to circumstances beyond our control we will refund all monies paid by you in full.
9. Arrival and Departure
Accommodation will not be available to you until after 4.00pm on the arrival day. You will receive a text approximately 30 minutes before we expect to finish cleaning from the previous guest. The cottage will be unlocked prior to your arrival and the keys will be inside. If this is not possible, alternative arrangements will be communicated to you prior to your arrival. We will call over to see you when you have had the opportunity to settle in.
The accommodation must be vacated by 9.30 am on the day of departure in order that cleaning can take place in preparation the next guest.
There are parking spaces for three cars in front of Sara’s Cottage.
The owners of Sara’s Cottage are not responsible for the loss of any valuables left in or around the premises and are not liable for any damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which may be sustained in or around the property.
Guests must accept responsibility for their own and their children’s safety inside the property and when outside, including the surrounding fields and woodland area. Children are welcome to play in the garden of Sara’s Cottage but they are not permitted to enter our garden or any of the outbuildings without permission and a responsible adult being present.
14. Data collection
We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. However, we may contact you from time to time by post or e-mail in respect of Sara’s Cottage. By accepting these terms and conditions you are indicating your consent to receiving these communications from us unless you inform us otherwise by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to take every care to prepare our accommodation to a high standard. If a problem arises, please let us know immediately so that we can assist you.
Dogs are not permitted on the beds under any circumstances.
We accept one well-behaved dog over the age of two provided that it is not permitted on any furniture or in the bedrooms (unless a service dog). If you wish to bring a second dog or a dog under the age of two please contact us before making a reservation. All pet damage is chargeable and you must remove all dog mess from the garden before departure.
The garden is fenced and gated but we accept no liability if your dog escapes. It is your responsibility to ensure that your pet is kept under control at all times.
17. Privacy Notice